- Crane Aerospace & Electronics has been selected by Italian Seat Manufacturer Optimares to provide the Actuation and Control System for Optimares’ first ZEST seat model program.
- Optimares’ ZEST seats offer a full flat bed conversion operated by three Seat Actuators and equipped with reading and indication lights and an optional pneumatic Lumbar System.
- First seat deliveries are scheduled for late 2011.
- Optimares S.p.A. was founded in 2008 and is currently relocating to Cisterna, Italy.
- The company entered the aircraft seat market last year, exhibiting new, design-oriented premium seat concepts at Aircraft Interiors Expo 2010.
Chris Cook, Director of Programs for Crane’s Cabin System Solutions, said, “We are excited to partner with Optimares by providing Crane seat actuation for their new ZEST seat model. Both Optimares and Crane are introducing innovative designs specifically developed to enhance the passenger experience. We consider Optimares a long term strategic partner.”
INTERIORS: Actuators selected for new Opitmares seat
Crane provides seat actuation control system for new ZEST seat manufactured by Optimares S.p.A.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics Cabin Systems Solutions
About Crane Aerospace & Electronics:
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is a major supplier of systems and components for critical aerospace and defense applications. These systems and components are designed for some of the toughest environments — from engines to landing gear; satellites to medical implants; and missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS). Product and service offerings are organized in solution sets, and include Cabin Systems, Fluid Management, Landing Systems, Microelectronics, Microwave, Power, and Sensing & Utility Systems. Products are manufactured under the brand names ELDEC, Hydro-Aire, Interpoint, Keltec, Lear Romec, Merrimac, P.L. Porter and Signal Technology. For more information on Crane Aerospace & Electronics, visit www.craneae.com,
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is a segment of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CR). For more information on Crane Co. visit www.craneco.com.