- Crane is Attending the 2012 Bombardier All Series Operators Conference in Orlando, Florida.
- During the show, Crane will be announcing the expected certification of the first retrofitable TPIS system for the Q-Series aircraft, marking the first system of its this kind to serve regional operators.
- SmartStem®Tire Pressure Sensors are already certified for use on a variety of other business jets, and Crane is in the process of certifying SmartStem on additional business, regional, and large commercial aircraft.
- The system provides numerous benefits including reduced maintenance costs, improved convenience, and automatic tracking of tire pressure checks – information which helps assure safety and extends tire life.
- To fit an aircraft with SmartStem technology, the existing tire inflation valve stem is simply replaced with a special valve stem containing integral sensors. SmartStem communicates tire pressure, temperature, and other stored information wirelessly to a Handheld Reader without the use of an internal battery in the stem. Since this information is communicated wirelessly and does not require the removal of the valve cap, no gas is lost during routine tire pressure checks.